Play Backgammon online for free
Looking for a challenging and strategic board game? Then Backgammon is for you! This game combines luck and skill and has been beloved by young and old for centuries. On our website, you can play Backgammon online for free!
Playing Backgammon may seem complicated at first, but if you follow the steps, you'll quickly get the hang of it:
- Start with a game board where both players have fifteen pieces, distributed across the board.
- The dice determine how many steps you can take. For example, if you roll a 3 and a 5, you can move two pieces: one 3 steps and one 5 steps.
- You want to move your pieces to your own home board and eventually remove them from the board.
- Make sure your opponent cannot hit your pieces. If that happens, you have to reset that piece from the beginning.
- The player who first removes all of their pieces from the board wins the game.
What makes playing Backgammon so enjoyable
There are several reasons why Backgammon remains popular:
- Combination of luck and strategy: while rolling the dice obviously involves luck, it's your strategy that makes the difference.
- Suitable for all ages: children can enjoy the simple rules, while adults can appreciate the strategic element.
- Always different: due to the dice, no two Backgammon games are the same.
- Play and learn: besides having fun, Backgammon also helps improve your problem-solving and forward-thinking skills.
Don't wait any longer and dive into the world of Backgammon. Whether you're playing for the first time or looking to improve your strategy, Backgammon offers a challenge for everyone. Try it out now, refine your tactics, and enjoy this free online game!
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How do you bear off pieces in this game?
In Backgammon, you bear off pieces by moving them off the board once they are all within your home board.
What does it mean when a piece is 'blotted' in this game?
A 'blot' in Backgammon is a single piece on a point. This piece is vulnerable and can be hit by the opponent.
How do you use the doubling cube in the game?
The doubling cube is used to increase the stakes. A player can propose to double before rolling. The opponent can accept or decline.
What happens when you hit a piece in Backgammon?
When you hit an opponent's 'blot', that piece is moved to the 'bar' and must re-enter the board from there.
How do starting positions work in the game?
Backgammon has a fixed starting setup for pieces: five on your 13-point, three on your 8-point, five on your 24-point, and two on your 1-point.
How do you win a gammon or backgammon in this game?
A 'gammon' is if you bear off all pieces before the opponent bears off any. A 'backgammon' is if the opponent has pieces on the 'bar' or in your home board when you win.
What's the purpose of pip counting in the game?
Pip counting in Backgammon helps players assess who is ahead. It gives the total number of points a player needs to move to bear off all pieces.